Sunday, May 2, 2010

The result...


Here is the first mistake i made.I used a spot weld drill to remove the crashed rad support and prepared the surface with a grinder nicely.I thought the new support will come with the holes in it where the factory spot welds are. But there was none. So i driller holes where the spot welds were and welded the support from the inside. I talked with a autobody guy later who told me i should have drill the holes on the new support and weld it on the outside (which would have been a much easier). Overall the result is the same.I bought a special airtool since that. It can punch 5mm holes, so next time i will do it in the right way:).


But let me go back in time a bit.A few month prior i bought this for my project. Originally i wanted to part this out and just use the parts i need, but as i started to remove the broken parts i realized it is an easy fix (however i have never done this type of work before).The biggest work was to replace the rad support. The rest was just bolt on.(I was lucky and find all the parts i needed at one autowrecker. Of course the rad support was new. Plus there were paperworks and it had to pass the inspections.)

No comments:

Post a Comment